Sunday, February 8, 2009

I have a confession...

so my confession...I read the end of books before I finish the book. I know it's a terrible habit. Terrible! I can't help it. Very rarely do I pick up a book and immediately read the end. I have to read a couple of chapters and then read the end. I do this to make sure the book turns out like I want it to turn out. Now, when I finished the Harry Potter series...of course I had to read the end as soon as I bought it. In fact when I was standing in line I swore to myself I would not, but then all the ladies around me did before they even bought the book. Most of the time I love seeing how the author gets the story wrapped up. I like to see Point A and Point Z and then go back and see how it all fits together. Most of the time it's not a problem. Last summer I picked up John Grisham's new book "The Appeal". It started off great...so I read the end. WHAT? That can't be right...so I kept reading...re-read the end. It was still a bad ending. Nobody won...so what did I do? I never finished it. Never. It still sits on the nightstand ready to be read.
What is the point?

I finished a book this week. It is the new book "3 Willows" from Ann Brashares who wrote the Sisterhood of the Traveling pants. I was stoked to see it at Wal-mart last week. I started reading it Tuesday night...and finished it early Wednesday morning. It was a good book for me to read right about now. Not because I am a teenage girl (just my hormones rage like one....you know the crazy I'm going to kill stupid people ones!) Three girls experiencing changes as they grow up. Great book for teenage girls..but something happened in the book. One girl said she like to think she was in control of her life, and then realized for the most part you are not really in control at all. I thought about it for quite a while. Do I like to control thing? Yeah...way to much most of the time and that is why I am scared when big changes come around. How do you let go of the control when you can't control what is going on? Life is changing constantly and you have to be willing to roll with the changes. Yuck I sound like a bad Hallmark card. But I did come to the conclusion that things are probably going to be hard for the next few years, but I can control my attitude. I have no idea what is at the end of my book...but I guess getting there is going to be the fun part.

I apologize for this sickly sweet crazy rambling of a post. I'm using this blog mostly as a journal. Please don't judge my crazy behavior. I promise I'm not a weirdo.

So since it is a journal I have to share a couple of funny things that happened this week.
I have an amazing class this year. They are so great! But one student is so dang out there and he says the FUNNIEST things. We were in line at the library, waiting to go back to the classroom. There was a huge gap in the line and I said "What the heck guys? Pay attention!" and this student proceeded to tell me "Sorry Ms. Leonard. Someone hit the space bar and so I had to wait for the cursor to get to the end." I laughed all the way back to my room.

I got to spend some time with Ty, J and Ady. Eric and Lani were at a YW activity. So I was eating dinner with them. Pizza. We were sitting at the table just talking and out of the blue Ty says "And I don't even know why girls don't have wienies." Wow we can't even go there bud!

We had a fantastic family dinner tonight. Kerry and Leslee surprised us all and came up for the weekend. It was nice to visit and talk and see people. We missed Cole and the kids...but she has been feeling under the weather.

Looking forward to this week...it is a short week and our Valentine's Party is Thursday and Ty turns six on Friday.

4 comments:

  1. I realized I had no control over my life when I was pregnant...I realized I could control the details (what I wore, how I spent my time, who I was friends with) but the BIG stuff- no control. None whatsoever. I should pick up those books to read- only I can't believe you read the end first! That's the only thing that keeps me turning pages- getting to the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading the book Wicked and so want to go to the end but it takes all my power not to. That is so funny that you do that. How was the musical when you went? I so wanna go the next time it comes around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post...and I love Ty-ism's. Me and my sisters still say 'um..ok!..sure!' all the time, he's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited I found your blog...come check mine out! brewerworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete