Friday, March 27, 2009

March Madness...

Looking back over the month, it has gone too quickly. Here are some of my favorites!
First, I mentioned loving my class and I really have had some great times with them. Every Friday, they have the chance to earn a special activity. They have to turn in homework, not get their name on the board, no write ups - a good behavior incentive. I have wanted to do Oobleck with them for a while and planned to do it the week before Dr. Seuss's birthday. I was sick and they had to wait a week, but it was well worth it!
The month continued with a great visit with some of my favorite girls and their darling little girls. Steph and Tay have five girls between them and they are so cute! I could not get over how much they have grown up since I last saw them!















Since we had so much fun with Oobleck I wanted to play with Tysen, Jacksen and Adysen. Lani had a bow party and Eric was working a tournament. and so I got to hang out with the kids! We had a great time with the Oobleck and the kids were cracking me up. Ady was making the funniest sounds as she played with her purple oobleck! Ty kept asking me "Are you sure this is ok with my mom?" And Jacksen loved it so much he hardly said a word! He was trying to figure out how it worked!






































We also had Rock Star Day at school on the Friday before Spring Break! Here is my friend Jodie and I as well as some of the rock stars of my class! We had a Guitar Hero Tournament in honor of Rock Star Day!
















At school we have these beautiful mulberry trees! I look forward to their awesome pink blossoms! I have never seen trees this pretty and my class laughed as I took a ton of pictures of the trees! Tysen noticed them one day and even mentioned them to his mom and how pretty they looked.























Finally, I could not resist these beautiful Gerber Daisies from the store today! I'm so excited for bright colors and planting season!

2 comments:

  1. This is your anonymous friend! Love those pictures of your students and the kiddos!!! You are just the greatest aunt in the whole world!!! You are an awesome teacher as well! Glad you are staying in 6th grade! Hope that all works out well for you!!!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I bet the kids had fun and loved making the mess... what fun!

    ReplyDelete