Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Gotta give him credit...

I emailed my reps and received this response:

Amanda,

Thanks for the email and information. While I agree with you (as a former school board member, a supporter of higher education and educator) this is going to be a very difficult budget year.
I am very concerned about the chairman's options on higher education. I agree that these options could destroy what we have worked for years to build.
AZ is short almost 40% in income and education is over half of the budget.
I will all I can to protect education but understand I am one vote of 90.
Let me know if you have some suggestions.
Again thanks for the email.
Bill‬


Did you catch the typo? I know I'm critical because I can't read anything without proofing it...but doesn't this raise the question:
WHERE WAS HE EDUCATED?

But I do have to say of all the emails I have sent, he is the ONLY one who responded. At least I know someone opened it and read my email. Hopefully it means we are at least making them stop and think.
By the way, I did respond with the suggestion of raising state sales tax by .01.

No comments:

Post a Comment