Tuesday, January 13, 2009

You know when you vow to change something, you begin trying it and then it seems to get harder and more challenging and frustrating! Yeah...all those goals I made just a little while ago have really become a challenge.

My biggest challenge is my calling. I know I know I should be grateful and love what I do and think it's amazing, but...I don't. How do I get over that? How do I start to love preparing lessons and covering teachers and not get frustrated with whining? Well...something to work on.

I did finish my book! Loved it! Loved it! The Wednesday Letters is perfect for someone who loves the old show "The Wonder Years". It was touching and funny and really made me want to be the kind of teacher she was in the book. Also made me think Shakespeare might be fun to read...no...I still hate Shakespeare.

On another note, the State of Arizona is in a major budget crisis. We are poor and they will be cutting school budgets...which means ME! I always felt safe in education but apparently that is no longer true. Apparently it will be ok as long as I'm willing to take a pay cut, move schools, lose my special education teacher, have larger classes, lose supplies...or ALL of the the above. So yeah...I'm a little scared. Maybe a little more than that which brings me to the next resolution I made. Did you know when people are stressed when they eat? Ok by people I mean ME and I ate cookies and milk for dinner. Ideas on what you do when you are stressed? Cuz I don't think I should be eating oreos for dinner.

And on a more positive note...Nicole is scheduled for a c-section on Tuesday, Jan. 27th! Hopefully everything will be ok for her and little Brooklyn! I know...isn't that a dang cute name! All of my nieces beautiful names...Nicole, Samantha, Adysen and now Brooklyn! They must have some smart mamas!

So even though it's hard...you have to find some joy in the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment